Why Choose Stanley?
Stanley is an enduring company long trusted for its quality manufacturing of innovative products designed for durability. Each product is backed by well over 175 years of the brand’s experience and its excellent warranties. Learn more about Stanley by reading about its history, reputation, top products, and other points we explore below.
The Stanley brand started with the founding of the Stanley Works by Frederick Trent Stanley in 1843 in New Britain, Connecticut. This New England manufacturer of bolts and door hardware later merged with Stanley Rule and Level Company, a hand tool manufacturing brand started in the same city in 1857 by Henry Stanley, Frederick’s cousin. The two Connecticut lines expanded internationally in 1937 by acquiring a British carpentry tools manufacturer, the J. A. Chapman company.
Today, Stanley continues as one of the most renowned tool manufacturers in the world. The company merged with one of its top competitors, Black & Decker, in 2010. Now, as Stanley Black & Decker, the brand continues to offer an extensive line of hand tools, outdoor tools, power tools, storage solutions, and workplace equipment. One of its top lines is a selection of Stanley power stations. Top performers of this line include the Stanley FatMax Power Station and the Stanley Professional Power Station.
Founding and Milestones
The founding father of the Stanley Works, Frederick Trent Stanley, was born in New Britain, Connecticut on Aug. 12, 1802. After leaving school, Frederick traveled until he was 24 years old, working in New Haven, Connecticut, and Fayetteville, North Carolina. His jobs included stints as a clerk in a general store and on a steamboat.
Early in his career, Frederick wisely invested in a New Britain-based machine manufacturer for a nearby Hartford, Connecticut iron company. With that investment paying off, he joined with his brother William in buying out the machine business and expanding it. The brothers later founded Stanley Woodruff & Company, a brass foundry, and Stanley Bolt Manufacturing in 1842. About 11 years later, Frederick branched off on his own to establish Stanley Works. This company merged with his cousin Henry’s Stanley Rule and Level Company in 1920.
Frederick Stanley was a hard worker with the innovative mind of an industrialist. When starting the Stanley Works, Frederick traveled all over Connecticut, selling and installing hinges for his customers. After the incorporation of the company in 1853, Stanley hired William Hart, the man credited with growing the brand into a household name.
In 2010, Stanley Works merged with Black & Decker to become Stanley Black & Decker. Stanley products are still sold under the Stanley brand name, but Stanley Black & Decker owns a portfolio of tool and hardware brands. These brands include:
- Black & Decker
- MAC Tools
- Powers Fasteners
Production and Manufacturing
Stanley manufactures thousands of hand tools, outdoor tools, power tools, storage solutions, and workplace implements. The company’s products are easily identified in any hardware store, thanks to the manufacturer’s use of bold yellow and the Stanley name in block letters on the packaging and the products themselves.
One of the most enduring and popular products by Stanley is its original Stanley 6-Inch Classic 99® Retractable Utility Knife, one of the handiest small tools anyone can own. This knife maintains a constant presence on “best hand tools” lists as it has for over a hundred years. For the modern age, Stanley Power Stations are big sellers. The Stanley FatMax Power Station and Stanley Professional Power Station lines provide the backup power you need to quickly and conveniently charge multiple devices, jump start a vehicle, or inflate tires. Some features of the brand’s portable jump starters and digital air compressors include 700 Instant Starting Amps, 120 PSI Digital Compressor, All Metal Powder Coated Clamps, a built-in 120V AC charger, and AC Power Outlets for plugging in multiple devices at once.
To manufacture the highest quality of products, most of Stanley’s tools and equipment are made in the United States using globally sourced materials. But Stanley Black & Decker also manufacturers some items using the same high-quality standards in Taiwan, China, and Europe. Sony Power Stations, the Stanley FatMax Power Station, and Stanley Professional Power Station are manufactured by Baccus Global in Boca Raton, Florida. Baccus manufactures all of Stanley’s flashlights, jump starters, power stations, and battery chargers.
The Stanley Works started in New Britain, Connecticut over 175 years ago. The company’s original manufacturing plant was a prominent part of New Britain’s history and contributed to the incorporation of the town in 1850. Stanley is still headquartered in New Britain, about 9 miles southwest of Hartford. But as a global brand, they maintain offices in 67 other cities in 17 countries. As a conglomerate born from Frederick Trent Stanley’s original company, all of Stanley Black & Decker leans on the New Britain brand’s heritage. The organization’s mission statement proudly claims, “Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done — and we have since 1843.”
Stanley, now Stanley Black & Decker, continues a tradition of annual initiatives focused on current product innovation and new product development. As the No. 1 tool manufacturer in the United States with a strong global presence, Stanley Black & Decker markets itself as the “world’s largest and fastest-growing” tool manufacturer.
Sustainability is a major part of the company’s vision for the future. In fact, product consumers are encouraged to return end-of-life tools made by Stanley to the Stanley Product Recycling Program. The manufacturer has partnered with a recycler certified in Responsible Recycling (R2) Practices and the Recycling Industry Operating Standards™ (RIOS™). Further, the Besançon, France Stanley CDIY facility is officially recognized as the country’s only “Zero Industrial Liquid Discharge” facility. The Chiro, Taiwan facility has experienced a 78% year-over-year reduction in chrome waste with an annual reduction in cooling water discharge of over 13 million gallons. Stanley Black & Decker’s sustainability initiatives are branded under their internal ECOSMART™ vision.
Stanley is known by consumers for offering good warranties on all of the products they manufacture. Warranty specifics vary according to each product category and the manufacturing facility. These warranties include:
- Stanley power stations – 1-year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship by Baccus Global of Boca Raton, Florida
- Stanley FatMax Power Station – 1-year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship by Baccus Global of Boca Raton, Florida
- Stanley Professional Power Station – 1-year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship by Baccus Global of Boca Raton, Florida
- Stanley flashlights – 1-year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship by Baccus Global of Boca Raton, Florida
- Stanley stud sensors – 1-year limited warranty against deficiencies in material and workmanship
- Stanley lasers and laser distance measurers – 2-year limited warranty against deficiencies in material and workmanship with a 30-day money back guarantee
- Stanley landscaping and garden tools – Limited lifetime warranty against original defects in materials and workmanship for home use
- Stanley hand tools – Limited lifetime warranty against deficiencies in material and workmanship
- Stanley tape measures – Limited lifetime warranty against deficiencies in material and workmanship for the useful life of the tool
- Stanley mechanics tools – Full lifetime warranty against failure for any reason
Stanley Power Station Parts
Because Stanley power stations are manufactured by Baccus Global in Boca Raton, Florida, consumers must contact this company if they experience power unit problems or defects. If the issue is reported during the warranty period, Baccus Global will replace or repair the machine to resolve the issue.
The first method of initiating these repairs or replacements is to return the newly purchased Stanley power station to the retailer according to that store’s return or exchange policy terms. Retailer returns and exchanges are typically available for the first 30 or 90 days after purchase. Beyond this time frame, it is best to contact Baccus Global by calling their toll-free telephone number, 1-877-571-2391, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out More Stanley Content From Power Station Pros
Stanley Product Reviews
We have Stanley power station reviews available to help you better understand whether the Stanley FatMax Power Station or the Stanley Professional Power Station will best meet your needs. These informative reviews provide more details about these portable jump starters and digital air compressors, including convenient features like 700 Instant Starting Amps, 120 PSI Digital Compressors, All Metal Powder Coated Clamps, Built-in 120V AC chargers, and AC power outlets.
Stanley Product Roundups
Stanley is known for top quality in everything the company manufactures, including Stanley power stations like the Stanley FatMax Power Station and Stanley Professional Power Station. Here, you can explore the power stations’ key features to learn more about each product and how it compares to the others.
Stanley Press Releases
Company press releases provide a clear glimpse into the company’s culture, innovations, mission, vision, and values. Whether you embrace brands with deep roots in specific geographic locations or want to learn more about their policies, such as sustainability initiatives, you can discover more about Stanley here.
As any manufacturer should, Stanley takes product and consumer safety very seriously. Here you can locate details about individual Stanley product recalls or safety notices. Each listed notice also provides specific guidance for resolving the recall or safety issue, such as where to return the item or a helpline number to call for more support.
Where to Buy
You can buy Stanley power stations like the Stanley FatMax Power Station and Stanley Professional Power Station through major online tools and hardware retailers. Below are some links to storefronts offering the full line of Stanley power stations and other Stanley products.
Through this page, you have explored Stanley as a company. You have learned more about Stanley power stations and other details we can offer about this brand. But if you are still interested in checking out similar manufacturers and their products, the ones listed below are other top sellers in the category.
- For more information about Stanley, its full line of products, and customer support, check out the Stanley website – https://www.stanleytools.com/
- The StanleyTools Facebook page is a great way to connect with the brand, access shareable content, join their community and stay up-to-date on the latest brand news and innovations – https://www.facebook.com/STANLEYTools
- The StanleyTools Instagram page offers cool images, testimonials, and more information about how to get the most out of their top products – https://www.instagram.com/stanleytools/
- Thanks to the StanleyTools Twitter page you can be quickly updated on what’s happening with the brand and interact with Stanley to share fun content – https://twitter.com/stanleytools
- StanleyTools on YouTube is a great way to see the company’s tools being used and to access tutorials to get the most out of your purchase – https://www.youtube.com/user/stanleytools
- StanleyTools’ TikTok is an easy way to connect to the brand through engaging short videos – https://www.tiktok.com/@stanleytools
Stanley encourages consumers and commercial users of their products to contact them with questions or for other support. Below are some of the easiest ways to reach out to Stanley’s customer service representatives.
- You can submit a customer support request through their online form – https://support.stanleytools.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?
- Stanley’s customer service phone number for Stanley FatMax Power Stations and other FatMax products only is (800) 847-9466
- You can find a Stanley service center using the Service Center Search Form – https://www.stanleytools.com/service-center
- To join the online community of Stanley users and find information specific to your product, visit the Stanley Community page – https://support.stanleytools.com/hc/en-us/community/topics