It’s common for people to purchase a portable power station for one or two purposes, but once they have one, they find dozens of other ways to use it. Paxcess batteries and generators can be used for a wide range of things, from helping with home improvement projects to providing backup power for RV trips or when the power goes out.
Why Is Paxcess a Good Brand?
Paxcess brand products deliver balanced performance and solid durability. Tapping into power on the go or at home has never been easier, thanks to Paxcess portable power stations and generators. Many of the brand’s products boast a wide variety of useful features in addition to being mobile sources of power.
The inverter technology used on many of the brand’s portable power stations provides a clean sine wave at the AC output, making it easy to consistently supply power sources that meet your demands. As long as you follow the instructions in the owner’s manual, the portable power stations with lithium batteries will keep giving you power for hours on end.
If you’re a gadget lover, you’re going to love the many different port options available on most of Paxcess’ portable power products. A lot of the portable battery sources have up to four different USB charging ports, easily allowing you to charge via a USB-C port, a USB-A port, a USB-B port, and more.
Many of Paxcess’ portable power stations also come standard with a wall socket port for charging, as well as compatibility with car battery charging. Don’t have access to either type of charging port? That’s okay. The Paxcess solar generator has all of your mobile charging and power needs covered.
The batteries used in Paxcess portable power stations are housed in sleek and well-designed enclosures. Overall, these enclosures are very strong, and even though they are made of rough materials, their design is still attractive.
If you need a portable battery source that comes standard with a 5W wireless charger that’s compatible with all Qi-enabled electronics, Paxcess is a brand you’re going to love. And with an intelligent battery management system built directly into almost all Paxcess products, you can rest easy knowing your gadgets are protected from power surges and short circuits.
Difference Between a Paxcess Generator and Paxcess Battery
There’s a misconception that a portable generator is a portable battery. Despite similarities, portable generators and portable batteries serve different roles and aren’t interchangeable.
What Is a Portable Generator?
A portable generator converts fuel to electricity. Portable generators use technology like steam turbines and other methods to transform the energy they receive from various sources, including water, gas, fuel, and nuclear fission, into usable forms. Blackouts are no match for inverter generators, which transform mechanical energy into electrical power.
- Compact and Portable: Portable generator weighing just 39 pounds and featuring a compact design (19'' L x 13'' W x 20'' H), this generator is incredibly easy to transport and store. Its built-in handle and small footprint make it a hassle-free companion for your outdoor escapades.
- Whisper-Quiet Operation: Our quiet generator equipped with ECO-mode technology, our generator operates at a noise level as low as 56 dBA. Enjoy the serenity of nature without the disruptive noise of traditional generators, making it ideal for camping trips and quiet neighborhood environments.
- Versatile Outputs: The gas generator provides a variety of output options to meet your needs. It includes two 120V 15.8amp household outlets for standard appliances, one 12V DC outlet for automotive accessories, and two 5V USB ports for charging your smartphones, tablets, and other gadgets.
- Expandable Power: This generator is parallel-capable, allowing you to connect another 2500-watt PowerSmart inverter generator for double the power output (equivalent to a 30amp, 4000W generator). Perfect for RV enthusiasts and those with higher power requirements.
- Environmentally Friendly: This generator is EPA certified and CARB compliant, meeting strict emissions standards. You can use it with confidence, knowing you're using an eco-friendly power solution, even in California.
Pros and Cons of Portable Generators
You may need to set up extra connections, but their power output will easily handle running your lights, refrigerator, mini-fridge, cooler, car charger, and other small equipment in your home or RV.
Connecting USB devices, carbon monoxide monitors, digital screens, or even an app may be possible with some models of generators. In addition to the normal 120V plug, many portable generators also have a 240V output, making them suitable for use with a wider variety of high-powered electronics.
Despite their usefulness, portable generators have a few downsides that should be taken into account. First, even though they provide AC power, it’s not safe to plug in sensitive electronics like computers or phones unless you have a transfer switch or a portable inverter generator. Fortunately, many Paxcess brand items come standard with a transfer switch.
Second, since most portable generators run on gasoline, you’ll need to deal with large quantities of a flammable substance and exercise caution when doing so. It’s not a good idea to refuel the generator while it’s running using fuels that are very flammable. Also, the generator gives off carbon monoxide (CO), which is a poisonous gas that can hurt you if you breathe it in or are around it for a long time.
What Is a Portable Power Station?
A portable power station or battery, also known as a gasless generator or a battery-powered inverter generator, can supply electricity to your home or recreational vehicle even while you’re far from civilization. There are both regular wall outlets and USB ports that can be used to plug in and power different devices.
Enhanced mobility and high power output are two main selling points for portable power stations. The best portable power stations are great for usage in remote areas, like campgrounds, where grid-connected electricity is not available.
- SPEED UP YOUR RECHARGEABILITY: It takes only 2 hours to recharge 80% battery of the power station through the wall outlet and 60W PD USB-C port simultaneously. You can also recharge your power station with an AC adapator when at home, through the car outlet during a road trip or simply use a Jackery SolarSaga 100.
- SAFE & STEADY POWER SUPPLY: Armed with a 293Wh lithium-ion battery pack, the Explorer 300 features 2 Pure Sine Wave AC outlets that deliver stable and safe 300W power. The portable power station weighs only 7.1 pounds. You can simply rest assured in outdoor off-grid activities.
- POWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS: Featuring 2* AC outlet, 1* PD 60W USB-C port (input/output supported) , 1* fast charge 3.0 port, 1*USB-A port and 1* DC car port, the power station can recharge itself and charge (up to) 6 devices (e.g.Drones, Macbook, Cameras, etc.) at the same time to satisfy your outdoor needs.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station is compatible with the Jackery SolarSaga 100 solar panel. The integrated MPPT controller enables the solar generator set to operate at its max power point, so that it speeds up the battery recharge, making them ideal portable power kits for tent camping, overland journey and etc.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 300 Portable Power Station , 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide
Pros and Cons of Portable Battery Station
Most portable power stations also have a control panel that serves as an outlet hub. In addition, they feature a variety of entry points, giving the consumer a lot of flexibility. The inlet, however, can tell the difference between high-amperage charging and low-amperage charging. Therefore, modern portable batteries are designed to recharge from a wide range of power resources, including solar panels and household outlets.
Another major pro of portable power stations stems from their security features being top-notch. The lack of mechanical or moving parts and the use of a battery allow for an incredibly quiet operation, as well. Also, there is no danger of a fire or carbon monoxide buildup because they don’t use any kind of flammable fuel. They change the direct current (DC) from a battery into alternating current (AC), so they can be used with any electronic device without any risk.
Portable power stations can power a variety of gadgets, although they’re not as powerful as portable generators. Portable batteries’ battery dependence limits their longevity. A backup power source is needed in case the battery fails and the power station needs to be recharged. You shouldn’t rely on them for long unless you have continual access to an electrical outlet or the battery is compatible with solar recharging.
Another drawback to portable battery stations stems from the DC output of a portable power source generally being 5V or 12V. Finding 240V outlets is difficult. So, you can’t recharge as many devices.
Is a Paxcess Solar Generator Worth the Investment?
Due to their extended lifespan and ability to provide sufficient off-grid electricity, solar generators are a good investment. In the long run, the cost of installing solar generators is offset by the money saved on utility bills. A high-quality solar generator should last for more than 10 years, making it a wise investment.
The reliability of solar generators makes them valuable tools in emergency power situations. Depending on the model you buy, they can help you both when you’re on an off-the-grid trip and in an emergency.
Because of their design and construction, solar power generators and battery stations require fewer repairs and don’t make as much noise as gas generators due to having no internal moving parts other than cooling fans. In addition, solar panels can be used to charge your solar generator at no cost.
Installing a solar generator and solar panel system in a home or recreational vehicle can cost several thousand dollars upfront. What’s crucial to remember, though, is how long it will last. It will save you money and pay for itself in the long run because charging it costs nothing.
The purpose of a generator is not to supply your home with nonstop electricity. The goal is to use it as a backup until your electricity is back on. When deciding on a solar generator for your home, you should think about its size, your electricity needs, and the average amount of sunshine in the area where you intend to use it.
Solar generators are a viable backup power option, even if you don’t need one, especially if you live in an area that frequently sees power outages. Because it doesn’t use gasoline, you won’t have to fret over a lack of supply or sky-high fuel prices. The power in your home will always be on, even if you don’t have access to gas.
- PURE SINE WAVE & MULTIPORT: solar generator for camping built with two 110V pure sine wave AC outlets, more efficient and more stable, which can power for your lamp, fan and protect your important file in laptop from damage. DC 12V Car Port can provide power for mini fridge and car charger. Equipped 2 DC outputs (12V 8A & 24V 3A) can provide power for vacuum. 2 USB outputs (5V/3.1A) for phone and tablet, USB-C fast charge port (18W) will recharge your laptop quickly
- PORTABLE BUT POWERFUL: 9 x 5.5 x 7.5 inches body size, only 6.5lb, EnginStar 300W portable power station is every compact, built-in LED light and large LCD display, easy to read, EnginStar portable power station provides 296 watt-hours of power usage, sufficient to power for weekend camping trips, road trip, RV living, outdoor off-grid activities, can provide enough juice to charge your phones, laptop, camera, CAPA, drone and more
- 3 CHARGING WAYS POWER SUPPLY: EnginStar power bank with ac outlet can charge by wall charger at home (fully charge time about 7 hours); 300w solar powered generator, can be charged with solar panel (sold separately) in the sunny day field; EnginStar 300w camping generators can be charge by car charger on the go
- SUPERIOR PROTECTION SYSTEM: generators for home use with smart battery management system, equipped with overloading, over discharging, overcharging, overheating, and short circuits, high quality lithium ion batteries support more than 1000 times of charge cycle for long-term battery performance, reliable and safely
- Package contain and Battery Maintain: 1*EnginStar Rechargeable Electrical Power Station, 1*User Manual, 1*Home Charger, 1*car charger cable; Recommend fully charge it every 2-3 months to keep the power station in good work condition, recharge in time before drain all the power
The Difference Between Solar Generators and Solar Power Systems
A solar-powered generator is worth looking into if you find yourself in a scenario where you need a generator on a regular basis. Solar-powered generators and rooftop solar panel systems serve different purposes. Solar generators are not as reliable and produce less power than full solar panel systems. They are best used while camping or during short-term power outages because of the long time required for charging and the small capacity of the batteries.
Solar generators and solar systems differ in how they are used. For starters, solar generators are easy to store and transport, making them ideal for outdoor activities. If you want to use portable solar power, you can simply carry your generator with you.
Solar systems require permanent installations, unlike solar generators that have solar panels attached to the generator itself. A solar system’s solar panels are permanently attached to your home or RV. You won’t have to reinstall the system when you need it. However, this type of power system is immobile.
The Top 5 Reasons You Need a Paxcess Portable Power Station
Here’s a look at the top five reasons you need a portable power station or generator.
1. Keep Everyone Happy on Road Trips
Long vehicle drives become much more bearable with the help of electronic devices like phones, tablets, and computers, especially when it’s a boring road trip. When it comes to keeping everyone’s devices charged, though, you’ll need access to several charging outlets.
Thankfully, with a portable power station, it’s simple to maintain calm and keep everyone fully charged. Put it in the middle of the car where everyone can reach it, and you won’t have to worry about anyone’s electronics dying on even the longest family road trip.
2. Safer Than Gas Generators
Despite their usefulness and benefits, gas generators come with significant drawbacks, such as loud noise and harmful emissions. Not to mention, they’re a hassle to carry because of how enormous and cumbersome they are.
On the other hand, portable power stations can provide enough electricity to run many of your home’s appliances without requiring you to keep a large supply of gasoline on hand. What’s more, you can also use them indoors, making it considerably simpler to get to your phone or laptop. Generators that run on gas must be operated outside.
3. Quit Blowing Fuses
While many modern RVs do indeed come equipped with more than one AC outlet, their power reserves are still limited. Moreover, the chance of a blown fuse increases when multiple appliances are plugged into a single outlet.
If you transfer some of those items to a portable power station to relieve the strain on your RV’s battery and avoid this problem, you can make the trip much more enjoyable for everyone.
4. Enjoy Work Outside
Pack up your preferred Paxcess power station and travel to the park, a beautiful overlook, or a quiet area in the shade for a day of productive work in the great outdoors. You can ditch the oppressive office fluorescent lights while still getting work done on your laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
There’s no need to worry about running out of power thanks to your Paxcess power station. Its ability to charge all of your devices simultaneously, including a Wi-Fi extender, will have all of your coworkers giving envious glances during your next video office call as everyone sees you working from a beautiful outdoor setting.
5. Host Amazing Outdoor Parties
Put on an outdoor event that will make you the talk of the town. Or host the perfect outdoor movie night for your pals. This all becomes possible with a battery power station.
Incorporating a portable power station into your next outdoor party may guarantee a successful event for all attendees. Get ready to turn up the high-wattage speakers at your next barbecue, street party, or outdoor wedding without worrying about tripping over extension wires.
Get Portable Power With Paxcess
Paxcess portable power stations and generators make it easy to get electricity no matter where you are. The company’s products serve as portable power sources, but they also have many other features that customers may find useful. To learn more, check out some of Paxcess’ top-rated portable battery stations and generators.